It all started unintentionally on October 2nd but by the 9th it had become intentional. Now I fully mean to make it to November 1st. What am I talking about? My posts on Google + about creepy stories based in truth. That’s what! I’ll warn you I’m a prolific poster on G+. It’s where I go to share neat stuff I happen upon and where I go to make long rambling posts about the day. But in October I started adding a link to something creepy in honor of the pending holiday of Halloween.
If you’ve been reading for long you KNOW I love the odd, strange, bizarre, and creepy. Yes sometimes I like to be among those things most like me. As I found myself posting more oddities I thought why not share some of my favorite strange stories each day. I’d kick off telling about how I encountered the story or what I thought of the story then I’d link to a site that went more in depth. Then like all things when you try to think of them – uh brain freeze. Still I’ve made one a day since the idea hit me. Last night at writer’s group I asked for refreshers on creepy stories particularly ones local. Now I’ve got a list to keep me going some suggested by friend others ones that hit me as the suggestions were flying.
Here’s links to the Creepy October posts so far:
- October 2nd Creepiest New Species This is the post that inadvertently set off the idea.
- October 3rd 10 Creepiest Graves The idea is taking shape here getting more Halloweenish
- October 6th 10 Terrifying and Mysterious Creatures I was still on Listverse thanks be to them for supplying the inspiration!
- October 8th 10 Haunted Roads Missed a few days and still using the wonderful Listverse but you have to admit they are a great source and addicting too!
- October 9th Mysterious Harlequin Ahh now the idea has fully formed in my head. I’ve branched out find stories. This one is creepy!
- October 10th What Happened to the Hikers of Dyatlov Pass? The more you read about this one the further down the rabbit hole you go…
- October 11th Wisconsin’s Beast of Bray Road I have to admit Bray Road is near me. I couldn’t pass this one by!
- October 12th Best Ghost Pictures Ever Taken or at least the most famous… yep I was back to another list but a good one I think for the theme!
- October 13th The Talmud Shud Case aka The Somerton Man This is another one of those real life cases that the more you read about it the stranger it gets.
- October 14th The Bennington Triangle an area in Vermont known for strange disappearances
- October 15th The Kentucky Goblins something happened to those families that night – just what remains a mystery
- October 16th The Skinwalker Ranch Strange but true tale of a multimillionaire and a ranch of strange phenomena veiled in secrecy
- October 17th The Bell Witch of Tennessee a tale I grew up with based on a real place and family.
- October 18th The Black Eyed Kids a fairly new tale whose origins can be traced still don’t let them in!
- TODAY! The Christmas Tree Ghost Ship A ghost ship on Lake Michigan based on the sad story of the Rouse Simmons.
This gives you a peek at what I do on other streams. You see Flickr often and my Twitter feed is on the lower right of my posts. BUT you don’t get to see my G+ so much and thus I thought I’d share. If you are over there find me and join in the fun! If not enjoy these posts and the links they provide. Also if you know of creepy tales based on truth – tell me I LOVE THEM!
Until next time!