I swear some day will come I’ll move back into my blog. **pats dust covers on the furniture** So that’s another photo I made up there – back on the cruise. Not only have I not blogged – I’ve not made photos much since then. (frowns at that).
So this is a quick I’m still alive post that needed a theme…. Taking cue from a friend and putting my spin on it here’s my thoughts on the major Emmy nominations. You will see how behind I am on TV stuff too! LOL!
Outstanding Leading Actress In A Drama
* Michelle Dockery as Lady Mary Crawley Downton Abby – Wow I’m spoiled right there by her name! I just finished season one. They are on what? Something like eight now? So yeah years ago Michelle was doing a great job at the part and seems she’s continued but as I’ve not seen this season’s performance I must abstain from considering her.
* Clare Danes as Carrie Mathson in Homeland – Don’ subscribe to Showtime thus never watched it. Abstain from considering her.
* Robin Wright as Claire Underwood in House of Cards – NOW! I’ve seen all of this and am up to date. Love show because there is not a character on there I like. I tune in to see just how bad, bad people can be to one another. She’s wonderful at playing the highly driven Claire. At least I have one nominee!
* Lizzy Caplan as Virginia Johnson in Masters of Sex – See Homeland – don’t subscribe to Showtime, out of my consideration.
* Kerry Washington as Olivia Pope in Scandal – Finally a broadcast TV show! but don’t watch it, never seen it, looked too soap operaish for me to start so sorry Kerry you are out of my consideration and it looks like Robin is going to take home the ML Emmy by default.
* Julianna Margulies as Alicia Florrick in The Good Wife – I used to watch this regularly then I got bored with the who is sleeping with whom and who is stabbing whom in the back… and that stuff so I quit. I hoped he lost the election and the firm tanked. So not see but a few parts of episodes this season thus out of my consideration.
CONGRATULATIONS ROBIN! You win because I’m too cheap to subscribe to Showtime and get tired quickly of most soap operas!
Outstanding Leading Actor In A Drama
* Bryan Cranston as Walter White in Breaking Bad – OH yeah! Watched all of this and except for the season 3 slump it was AWESOME! Loved the ending. So yep Bryan so deserving of the nod. He’s in consideration too for my Emmy which I know means more to him than he can say.
* Kevin Spacy as Frank Underwood in House of Cards – Oh yes! another delicious baddie! Love it when he breaks the 4th wall and talks to us so earnestly and honestly about his manipulations. Also great name note the initials are the character’s attitude to anyone who gets in his way. Looks like we actually have a contested race here for my nod.
* Jeff Daniels as Will McAvoy in The Newsroom – It’s on HBO. Don’t get HBO. Out of consideration.
* Woody Harrelson as Martin Hart in True Detective – same as Jeff Daniels up there – NEXT!
* Matthew McConaughey as Rust Cohle in True Detective – goes away with his co-star Woody… So now I have to decide between the two… possibles
CONGRATULATIONS BRYAN! Yeah you are awesome! Sorry Kevin it was a close second.
Outstanding Supporting Actress In a Drama Series
* Anna Gunn as Skyler White in Breaking Bad – Awesome character done well. So yep Anna you are in the running or in the case of my Emmy consideration, walking.
* Maggie Smith as Dowager Countess Grantham/Violet in Downton Abby – Oh dear I think we are going to see a pattern here but dear Dame Maggie out of consideration as I’ve not seen anything but season 1.
* Joanne Froggatt as Anna Bate in Downton Abby – Sorry not seen it out of consideration NEXT!
* Lena Headey as Cersei Lannister in Game of Thrones – Too cheap to watch NEXT!
* Christina Hendricks as Joan Harris in Mad Men – Never watched it, won’t watch it. Elizabeth Moss is the reason. So Christina you have her to thank for not being considered for MY Emmy.
* Christine Baranski as Diane Lockhart in The Good Wife – Quit watching not in consideration.
CONGRATULATIONS ANNA! Looks like the ladies win by default this season.
Outstanding Supporting Actor In A Drama Series
* Aaron Paul as Jesse Pinkman in Breaking Bad – Awesome playing the bad boy that isn’t THAT bad. The chav with morals as he matures… yep Aaron you are in consideration!
* Jim Carter as Mr Carson in Downton Abby – Behind haven’t seen recent ones as we all know by now! NEXT!
* Peter Dinklage as Tyrion Lannister in Game of Thrones – Still too cheap to watch NEXT!
* Mandy Patinkin as Saul Berenson in Homeland – I’m cheap catch you when you are streaming on NetFlix or AmazonPrime like Oz. NEXT!
* Jon Voight as Mickey Donovan on Ray Donovan – HBO need I say more? NEXT?
* Josh Charles as Will Gardner on The Good Wife – Quit watching so out of consideration. Looks like he was getting tired of too and had his character killed off, good move Josh.
CONGRATULATIONS AARON! You win by default!
Outstanding Drama Series
* Breaking Bad – Yep you get to run… or sit in that chair until all the others are disqualified and I had you the ML-Emmy
* Downton Abby – Sorry not caught up so thanks for continuing to keep up the quality tho’ Look forward to it.
* Game of Throne – Too cheap to pay HBO when I get more from NetFlix stream and AmazonPrine for much less per year. Oh and all the FREE Hulu stuff, on-demand stuff from my cable beats HBOs prices.
* House of Cards – Thank NetFlix streaming for being affordable and Mike’s love of movies even bad ones for you ability to be considered.
Yet again we get two contenders…
CONGRATULATIONS HOUSE OF CARDS! Yes I love to watch people I’d hate in real life destroy each other! Love the political intrigue. However be careful – you need to keep it fresh or you’ll join such series as The Good Wife and Suits in my used to watch file.
You know if I didn’t pay for cable and NetFlix Streaming – I’d have no nominations to consider. I am not sure how I feel about that… **goes to sit and consider**